Yes! Made in the U.S.A. Pronounced: plant-skid, it contains no synthetic additives, is non-toxic, and is not harmful to animals or the environment. Plantskydd is Swedish for ‘plant-protection.
Made from (porcine or bovine) dried blood*, vegetable oil, and water. An EPA exempted, minimum risk* pesticide, and is exempt from Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act requirements, specifically under Section 25(b).
The EPA has determined… the use of these* pesticides poses insignificant risks to human health or the environment. The agency…is responding to society’s increasing demand for more natural and benign methods of pest control.
Yes! Plantskydd can be be used on flowers. It will darken leaves-petals temporarily. They will return to their normal colour in a couple of days.
For sensitive plants (e.g., roses) we suggest you test samples before treating large numbers (wait 24 hours). To prevent leaf-petal curl, water plants well at the roots before treatment. If petals curl on test plants, rinse with a fine spray of water and dilute Plantskydd solution further.
Flush the sprayer dip-tube and head with water (warm/hot preferably), until all dry pieces of repellent are gone.
To prevent future clogs, always shake repellents vigorously before spraying. Shaking the product ensures that the active repellent ingredients, which have settled to the bottom, go back into flowing solution before the sprayer is activated. With only flowable material going into the sprayer, you can significantly reduce clogging in the dip tube and sprayer head.
Be sure to rinse the sprayer after each use.
Whips—if you’re planting fruit tree whips, dip them in Plantskydd solution before planting, or coat the whips using a paint brush. Then spray trees when leaves have formed.
Mature trees—treat prior to bud-flush, or 2-3 weeks after. Avoid treatment while buds are forming. Treatment over foliage is enough to deter browsing herbivores.
Some users have reported that the family dog is quite enamoured with Plantskydd when it is initially sprayed on plants. It will not harm animals, but it’s best to leave Fido inside, until treated plants are dry (1-2 hrs).
• For best protection, treat plants before browse begins, in spring or fall.
• Always treat new growth—until plant has reached full size or leaf-out.
• Plantskydd liquid formulation lasts up to 4 months on dormant plants.
• IMPORTANT—spray liquid Plantskydd on dry plants—allow to dry for 24 hours.
• Plantskydd is rain-resistant and does not require re-application after irrigation or rainfall.
• Ideally, spray in the morning or late afternoon, when the sun is not as strong.
Plantskydd repellents are rain resistant and long lasting, even in wet weather.
Allow Plantskydd liquid spray formulation to dry for 24 hours prior to watering plants or rainfall. If it rains within 24 hours of application, it should be reapplied.
Do not spray liquid repellents directly on wood, vinyl, concrete, furniture, fences or other building surfaces. To protect building structures, use a granular repellent as a perimeter barrier.
Protect from heat. Store in cool, dry, dark location. Keep from freezing. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN AND PETS.
• Soluble Powder Concentrate (mix your own)—lasts 5+ years in its original package. Tightly re-seal unused powder.
• Ready-to-use Liquid—use within 3 months of opening the sealed container. Plantskydd is a 100% natural, organic product and will start to go off in warm weather. Once mixed into solution, use within a few days. Apply unused solution as a fertilizer.